…is a mixture of challenges, heartache, success, love, happiness, failures, and shall I continue? The point is is that our lives are constantly changing and being presented with challenges of all sorts. And it’s days like today where it is really important to take a few moments to think about the things we are thankful for. The things that we might overlook on a day to day basis, but make our lives sweet, full of growth and keep our hearts beating.
There are many things that make my life sweet, and I am very thankful for all of them:
- My friends: Today I’m spending my Thanksgiving with my very closest friends (I actually consider them my family). They have been an integral part of my life for the last couple years and they are definitely my roots here in Boulder. I’m also thankful for the Pazol family, whom I’ve known since I was 12, and who I love dearly.
- My family: My family is scattered throughout the states so it makes it very difficult to see each other on a regular basis. But despite that, we can always pick up where we left off as if no time has passed. I have one pair of grandparents in Colorado, who I see every couple months, which makes me very happy. They have all supported me with my climbing and scholastic ambitions. Without them I wouldn’t be who I am today; they have taught me how to work hard, laugh, have a good heart, follow my dreams, not to take the easy road, to love, fight for what I believe in, and to savor the wonderful moments in life.
- Puma dog: 4 years ago I was asked by my dad if I wanted a dog. Without much thought I said yes. And I haven’t regretted a single moment since the day I picked her up at the airport. She brings so much joy and adventure into my life and I really can’t imagine my life without my four legged critter.
- My boyfriend: I’m one lucky girl to have my best friend as my boyfriend. Jon makes me laugh when I want to cry and makes me happy when I’m feeling down. I like trying to scare him by jumping out from behind the door, but I rarely succeed. He, on the other hand, is very successful as scaring me. I make him soup and cookies and he makes me breakfast. We shorten words when we speak to each other: cookies are cooks, purple is purp. It makes us laugh and makes Jimmie and Jill smile and shake their heads. Jon, if you’re reading this, you’re goose. I love you.
- The sunshine: I just finished spending 6 weeks in Canada, where it was beautiful, but very cloudy and not so sunny. I realize now that I don’t think I could permanently live (and be happy) in a place that isn’t sunny at least 360 days out of the year.
- Climbing: This is self explanatory :)
- My sponsors: They help me make trips possible, keep me clothed, and keep me safe by providing me with the best gear in the industry. Thank you Adidas Outdoor, La Sportiva, Petzl, Organic Climbing and Sterling Rope!